ACM-W Chapters Buddy Program
The ACM-W Chapters Buddy program is designed to encourage and support networking of ACM-W chapters with any other ACM/ACM-W/SIG chapter globally, including student and professional chapters. The program’s aim is to build bridges between ACM-W chapters across the world to provide a shared global experience for members with diverse experiences. These shared experiences will empower women in computing globally by enabling a true understanding of the global picture of women in computing.
Ready to find a Buddy Chapter?
Identify and reach out to any other ACM/ACM-W/ACM SIG chapter/chapters belonging to any of the categories described below:
- Local Buddies: ACM-W Chapter(s) present in the neighbourhood, e.g., the same state in the US.
- Country Buddies (CB): ACM-W Chapter(s) established in the same country.
- Region Buddies (RB): ACM-W Chapter(s) present in a region.
- Global Buddies (GB): ACM-W Chapter(s) from other regions.
What support can Buddy chapters expect?
The ACM-W Buddy System aims to inspire collaborations between the ACM-W chapters across the world, overcoming the barrier of distance and time! The ACM-W leadership team can provide the following support for the ACM-W chapters that are part of the Buddy System:
- Global reach: The Buddy chapters will be announced on a dedicated ACM-W Buddies page.
- Newsletter coverage: ACM-W monthly newsletter will share the stories of association between different ACM-W chapters. In the 2022-2023 Buddy Campaign, we are calling for stories from all Buddies.
What are your recommendations for chapters?
Collaboration ideas recommended in the following resources can be used:
- One Hundred One Ideas for ACM-W Chapters
- ACM-W Chapter-in-a-Box
- Or you may want to organise a Virtual ACM Celebration of Women in Computing
Give us a shout!
Contact us at acm-w[at]acm[dot]org to tell us about your current experience or plans on how you collaborate with your buddies and empower women in computing locally, in your country, region or globally. We will share your stories in our newsletter and on our website. We are looking forward to hearing from all ACM-W Chapters around the world!