Nominations are sought for several leadership positions within ACM-W. Initial terms for the positions will begin July 1st, 2019 and extend until June 30th, 2021. Position descriptions will be added to this page in the coming weeks, so please check back for additional opportunities.
- Chair, ACM-W North America Committee – This new committee will oversee ACM-W activity in the United States and Canada. Responsibilities of the chair include providing leadership of the committee, collaborating with other regional chairs (Europe and India, at present), and representing the concerns of the North America Committee to the ACM-W leadership committee.
- Chair, Rising Star Award Selection Committee – This coming year, ACM-W will launch the Rising Star Award (see an earlier announcement here. Responsibilities of the chair include providing leadership of the committee, and enacting the process for nomination and review candidates and selection of awardees.
Qualifications for leadership positions in ACM-W include:
- Membership in ACM and ACM-W
- Familiarity with ACM-W program
- Previous leadership experience in volunteer organizations
To (self-) nominate for these positions, please fill the form here.