Eight Unexpected Ways to Connect with ACM-W
by Bettina Bair, ACM-W Communications co-Chair
Did you know that ACM-W has more than 40,000 ACM-W members, all over the world? I love looking at this map! It looks like we built a circuit with flashing lights, but the lights are awesome people! But without our in-person celebrations on hold, we are finding new ways to stay connected. We believe in supporting, advocating and celebrating women in computing, across the whole circuit, even when we can’t see your face.
What’s new in your world?
Personally, my morning routine involves checking email, checking my newsfeeds and finishes with Facebook. (I know. I’m not immune to Facebook struggles, but apparently I have minimum daily requirement of outrage, sunsets, and kitten photos.)
ACM-W is posting updates on all of these media channels
If you want to keep up with what’s happening with ACM-W, you have choices. It’s just like an all-you-can-eat buffet.
- Facebook: ACM-W, Chapters, Celebrations for announcements and stories
- LinkedIn for career tips and discussion
- Twitter for announcements and chat
- YouTube for recorded webinars, workshops and more
- Check out student chapters near you. They may have their own newsletter, Twitter and Instagram.
- Say Hello at our virtual event booth
- Subscribe to the email Newsletter
- Follow our blog via RSS
- Chapters News